Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sunday Re Cap (5th July 2009)

When Abba knows you by Name!

Exo 33:12-14 Then Moses said to the LORD, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people!' But You Yourself have not let me know whom You will send with me. Moreover, You have said, 'I have known you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.' (13) "Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight. Consider too, that this nation is Your people." (14) And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest."

Observation

  1. Moses is anxious to know "who", "how to", etc. Many times we are given an assignment at work or school and wonder who is going to help us and how are we going to finish the task. We may have challenges at home or work and need God's favour and guidance daily to overcome.
  2. The Lord seems to connect knowing Moses by name to finding favour in His sight.
  3. We need to cultivate a sense of "ABBA knowing us by name!" We are not a face in the crowd. He knows us personally. Eph 1:4-5

Application

When we cultivate a sense of ABBA knowing us by name:

  1. We have divine
    favour (unmerited, unearned and undeserved). Exo 33:12-13
    1. We don't need to worry "who" will help us anymore! Who's going to help me in my assignment? My problem at work? With my children?
    2. Many times we try to seek to be known by men and then we are let down when they are no longer in power or a place of influence.
    3. The only favour we are to seek is the favour of ABBA and that we have when we KNOW that ABBA knows us by name!
    4. ABBA will bring the right people at the right time because we have His favour!
    5. It is not a matter of how much we know Him because our knowledge of Him is limited and fluctuating. His love for us is consistent whatever the circumstances. It is our sense of ABBA knowing us that brings us favour!
  2. We will divine guidance. Exo 33:13
    1. We don't need to be worried about "how?"
      1. We only reveal our detail plans to those we know intimately. When we know that ABBA knows us, He will reveal His most detail plans for our lives and we don't need to get fearful or anxious! Joh 15:16
      2. BETTER COVENANT, BETTER PROMISES! Heb 8:6. He was talking about the law (our ways, strife, stress) versus His ways (rest, secure, inheritance).
      3. STOP getting stressed out and striving. Remember this is the biggest cause of sickness and disease.

What is the key to ABBA's FAVOUR and GUIDANCE for every situation? REST and KNOW that ABBA knows you by NAME!

© Samuel Hari, GROW BM

No comments: