Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sunday Re Cap (24th June 2012)


The Power of Blessing THE SEED

The Abrahamic Covenant in Gen 12:1-3; Gen 22:18


We are called by God to bless Israel and are told if we pray and bless Israel, we will be blessed. Read Ps 122 6-9. The promise given to Abraham and his descendants was that those who bless THE SEED of Abraham will be blessed and those who curse (NKJV) or dishonor it will be cursed. What does the NC says about THE SEED because God says there’s BLESSINGS IN BLESSING THE SEED…

Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What is the implication here to the Abrahamic Seed and to those who have THE SEED in them?

The Abrahamic Covenant is not only to the JEWS through the natural lineage of Abraham but it is for those who have received JESUS as THE SEED of Abraham. In fact it takes on a greater SPIRITUAL significance. If we bless Israel, we are blessed. If we BLESS a BELIEVER in CHRIST JESUS, we are BLESSED EVEN MORE! How? Pray, speak well, honor, bless, love and be kind to one another. Not just in words but in deeds!

If you don’t bless or honor them, you are dishonoring them. How do we dishonor or curse? When we gossip about them behind their back, don’t pray for them, don’t love them, use harsh words against them, and hurt them verbally or physically.

We wouldn’t think about doing that to a JEW. NEVER curse or dishonor another believer who has THE SEED ever again. If we’ve done that in the past, then it’s time to stop. REPENT! We have the HOLY SPIRIT to help us in our weakness. Grab another believer who has THE SEED and bless them. You WILL be BLESSED!

Let’s begin a culture of BLESSING one another as we would bless Israel. It’s a three way thing. We would be BLESSED, they would be BLESSED and there will be true LOVE for one another! Let THE BLESSINGS FLOW!

What did Jesus say? Mark 12:28-34 also John 13:34; 1 Peter 4: We are CHOSEN BY GOD FOR FRUITFULNESS AND NOT BARRENNESS!

Let’s pray:
“Father, forgive me for my ignorance. I have sinned by cursing and dishonoring your SEED in my brothers and sisters lives in so many ways in the past. In spite of all that, you still love me and gave your SON for me. I thank you that as I confess my sin, You are faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness. From today, I will BLESS those who have your SEED and I am blessed according to the Abrahamic Covenant. Blessed in my health, finances, business, family, church and relationships and much, much more! I am going to see every promise that you have for me fulfilled just as you blessed Abraham and so much more! In Jesus Name I pray!”


Click here to listen.


No comments: