Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sunday Re Cap (25th Nov 2007)

Here I am, Send me
By David Lai

Click here to listen to this message

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

  • There is a difference between “Here I am” and “I am here”.
  • The first means we are present and available and the other one just means that we are present i.e. in class and paying attention or just in class, present.
  • Our King Uzziah could be our carrier, friends, family, money, health. This could be the reason as to why many times we are present in church; “I am here”; but not available. Until we let our Uzziah die, we cannot become present and available; “Here am I”.
  • We need to decide when our “King” dies; who is going to be our next “King”. We can allow another “King” to take the throne or we can turn to God.
  • God is waiting for us to speak to him and once we turn to Him the veil over our eyes will be removed and we will see the supernatural take place v.1-3
  • It is a place of total bankruptcy to self and total dependency upon God v.5-7
  • Not by might i.e. political, educational or financial, etc; but by the Spirit of God.
  • We can fix problems but only God can cleanse our sins. Isaiah was cleansed and he said “Here am I”.
  • Moses turned to the burning bush (present and available) and God called him. Samuel ran to Eli (Present and available) and God called him.
  • If we are present we may hear once “Samuel” but if we are available we will keep on hearing “Samuel, Samuel”. 1 Sam 3:1-10
  • God calls the foolish. The Bible “foolish” here is not “stupid”. It’s a foolishness of not measuring the way the world measures things. 1 Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
  • Jn 15:16 God chose us and appointed us; when we are appointed, we need to simply make ourselves available. Appointment brings the anointing which is the empowerment and the authorization of God.
  • That our “Fruit” should remain; only one fruit; to be conformed to the image of Christ i.e. sons!
  • People begin to recognize God in us-when we are present and available.
  • Is 8:18, Mark 16:15 Our lives begin to be a signboard leading people to God through signs, wonders and miracles.

Conclusion
Is 58:9 When we say “Here I am” and are available, God says to us “Here I am”. God is always available to those who are not just present but available to Him.

Is 66:1-2 We touch heaven and change earth!

No comments: