Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sunday Re cap (20th May 2007)

The LORD is My Shepherd
By Michael Lee

Click here to listen to this sermon

2 Chr 7:16
Many are called but few are chosen. Saul, Judas and Gehazi were called but not chosen.
We praise God that when we are called, we make the choice to follow the LORD. How? The key is found in Ps 23: 1-3

The LORD is My Shepherd I shall not want.
Matt 8:22: Instant obedience is required to follow the LORD. Delayed obedience is considered disobedience.
Disciples followed the LORD immediately when they were called.
Mark 8:34: We deny ourselves (self nature) when we follow the LORD.
I shall not want- we can be assured that even when we deny ourselves we will never lack anything.
We shall not have a desire or a need of anything when we have the Shepherd. He alone is all that we need. Seek Him first.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures.
He desires that we “settle” in a local church.
He is the one who makes us lie down in a place of rest when we have found a “spiritual” home.
We humble ourselves to His leading as He makes us lie down. There is no more agenda of self.

He leads us beside the still waters.
This speaks of our constant relationship with God. He leads us to the place of intimacy.
We can see ourselves when the waters are still. We see ourselves as we are in Christ alone.
He leads us to a place of rest in the midst of the challenges of our day-to-day life.

He restores our soul.
This is not speaking of the restoring that we think it is.
It is a restoring to God’s own pattern and design for our lives.
When we are not fishing, we are fighting. Instead of being fishers of men, we become fighters of men.
If we know we are rich in the LORD, we will not desire to steal.
We become without blame-no one will blame us if we do not blame anyone.
Restoring our soul is a dying to self.

Let’s remember 2 Chr 7:14-16
2Ch 7:14-16 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (15) "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place. (16) "For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.